Tuesday 1 November 2016

Haberdashery in Paris


I've just got back from a few days in Paris.  As it wasn't my first trip there, I thought I'd do something a bit different and decided on a haberdashery tour.  I started with Sajou, 47 Rue Du Caire, which those of you who have discovered sources in England (e.g. Beyond Measure) will know, has lots of rather gorgeous things...

Large colourful threads

Colourful buttons

Small colourful threads

Wool threads

In fact you can even buy a mini Sajou if you have a doll's shop you are fitting out...
 
Mini Sajou shop

And of course I couldn't resist a little something...

 
From there I went to Ultramod,  a rather lovely experience at 4, Rue de Choiseul...


 
Ribbons
Boxes
Vintage haberdashery

...and more...

I was very restrained there and just bought a single button - but it was double sided...

Double sided button from Ultramod

After that I sought out the Emmaus charity shop, as I really can't go anywhere without seeing what the charity shops are like.  This one was at 104 Cents Quatre, a cultural centre, at 104 Rue d'Aubervilliers, which I might tell you about another time.  I did get a few select items...


Yarn, embroidery thread and a pillowcase

Another haberdashery I found by chance - Bonheur des Dames, 17 Avenue Daumesnil...


and it seemed like a good idea to go fluoro...

Thread & ribbon in fluorescent colours

And of course you can't go to Paris and not visit a fleamarket.  I chose the Marché aux Puces de la Porte de Vanves  - not too big or too expensive, easy to get to and interesting...






 and I managed to come away with only these...


which I thought was very restrained!  I couldn't resist the tin even though it was in English. I mean, who wouldn't want a tin that held "The Original Celebrated Curiously Strong Peppermint Lozenges!"

It was a lovely trip and I might share more of it with you another time.  Meanwhile I have to think what I'm going to do with my exciting purchases!

No comments:

Post a Comment