Friday 22 February 2013

Rosemary Milner - Textile Artist & York Gallery - According to McGee

Embroidered Bird - Rosemary Milner
I have recently acquired a Rosemary Milner piece.  It's a bird embroidered onto a vintage doily and I love it!  It is currently hanging in my kitchen which is also the vantage point from where I can watch the birds in my garden! 

Rosemary is a textile designer, a recent graduate from Leeds College of Art, who designs fabrics and wallpapers based on natural imagery but it is her birds, plants and animal embroideries that I have had the good fortune to come across in the flesh (so to speak).  They seem to me to be very "of the moment" with both a vintage & modern appeal.


To find out more about Rosemary Milner here's her website:
http://rosemary-milner.co.uk/


I stumbled upon Rosemary's embroideries in York's According to McGee which is a great little gallery just opposite Clifford's Tower. Ails McGee was there the day I popped in and couldn't have been more helpful especially as I'd missed the exhibition and what was left was being packed for return to the artist. However it was all unwrapped so I could have a good look and make my selection.

If you can't get to York to visit According to McGee and their new exhibitions then check them out here:
http://accordingtomcgee.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment